5 Things You Need To Know About Joint Substitution
Dr Sanjay Gupta is the Best knee replacement surgeon in Noida. He is one of the best joint replacement surgeon & a specialist in the knee, hip, joint replacement surgery. He has performed more than 10000 joint replacement surgery.
If you are experiencing unbearable knee, shoulder or hip pain and physical therapy and medications are no longer helping, all is not over. There are options to help!
More than 1 million joint replacements are performed each year in India. Whether it is a complete or partial replacement, (Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR) the surgical procedure involves removing a damaged joint and inserting a prosthetic.
While hip and knee replacements are the more commonly known surgeries, the ankle, wrist, shoulder and elbow joints can also be removed.
The decision to have joint replacement surgery should be taken very seriously, and after consulting your doctor. Several tests need to be completed and your overall health needs to be assessed before going into the operating room.
- Which Conditions Trigger Joint Replacement Options?
In most cases, the common cause of joint pain is damage to the cartilage that lines the ends of bones (articular cartilage) – either from arthritis, fractures, or some other condition.
You may be a candidate for total joint replacement if you have not had success with non-surgical treatments, including:
- physical therapy
- changes to your everyday activities
- WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS DURING THE SURGERY?
The damaged cartilage and bone are removed from your joint and replaced with prosthetic components made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
The prosthesis mimics the shape and motion of a natural joint. For example, in an arthritic hip, the damaged ball (top end of the femur) is replaced with a metallic ball attached to a metal stem that is fitted into the femur, and a plastic socket is implanted in the pelvis, replacement of damaged socket
- WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
Any surgery presents risks such as blood clots, infection, and internal injury. While joint replacement equipment is a lot more advanced these days, there is the potential for loosening or dislocating.
These risks are reduced by today’s more advanced surgeries and post-surgery procedures. However, joint replacement is considered major surgery. That’s why you and your doctor should review carefully and agree on your results expectations.
- How long will it take to get well again?
Your ability to use your new joint will depend on your ability to work through post-operative pain and the time it takes for your tissues to heal. Your age, weight and overall health are also factors.
After surgery you can expect:
- Physiotherapy to maximize your range of motion and promote holistic healing.
- The pain gradually subsides over several weeks.
- A workout regimen to boost joint strength.
- What is the long-term prognosis for replacement joints?
Today great progress has been made in the quality and durability of prosthetic joints. You can expect the devices to last for many years – meaning you should be more pain-free and your quality of life should improve significantly.
Searched By :
Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR and Uttar Pradesh, Best knee, hip and joint replacement surgeon & specialist Noida UP, Best knee replacement surgeon in Noida, knee replacement surgeon in Noida, Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR, Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR, Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Uttar Pradesh, Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in UP
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Joint Substitution
- Best knee
- Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR
- best knee replacement surgeon in Noida
- Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in UP
- Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Uttar Pradesh
- hip and joint replacement surgeon & specialist Noida UP
- Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR
- Knee Replacement Surgeon in Delhi NCR and Uttar Pradesh
- knee replacement surgeon in Noida